Search the PEDE database
To select multiple groups use ctrl (Windows)or command (Mac)
- Age groups to search:
- Perinates - antenatal period of the fetus or premature newborn, up to 7 days
- Neonates - newborns, until 1 month
- Infants - 1 month to 1 year
- Children - 1 to 12 years
- Adolescents - 13 to 18 years
By default, searches include all years and age groups.
Optionally, the period of publication and age groups can be narrowed.
- Entering a keyword or term will return a list of citations. Because the search terms are automatically linked by and, this list will contain only those citations having ALL of the terms for the fields indicated.
- Do separate searches for commonly abbreviated terms. Search abbreviations first (e.g. AIDS, HIV). Next search for the full terms (e.g. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Human Immunodeficiency virus).
Keywords / Title / Abstract Searches:
- Example 1: economic
- This search will look for all words that contain the root 'economic' (i.e. economic, economics, economical, etc.)
- Example 2: cost-benefit analysis
- Combinations of phrases are searched with and without hyphens/spaces. This search would also find cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Enter one author per field and in the format Lastname, FM
- First (F) and middle (M) initials are optional.
- Combinations of last names with/without hyphens/spaces are searched. For example, van Hout, BA also searches for van-Hout, BA
- Match case cannot be used with author searches.