Project Support and the team
This research has received the following support:
- Salary support to Dr. Wendy J. Ungar in the form of a Tier 1 Canadian Research Chair in Economic Evaluation and Technology Assessment in Child Health
- Knowledge synthesis grant from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Program grant funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care Drug Innovation Fund
- Salary support to Dr. Wendy J. Ungar in the form of a Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Investigator Career Award
- Grant from The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technology in Health (formerly the Canadian Coordinating Office for Health Technology Assessment)
- In-kind support from the Institute of Health Economics
- Start-up funding from The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute
Project Director: Dr. Wendy J. Ungar
- Senior Scientist in Child Health Evaluative Sciences at The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Professor in the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto
- Canada Research Chair in Economic Evaluation and Technology Assessment in Child Health
- Director, Technology Assessment at SickKids (TASK)
Dr. Ungar holds a PhD in Health Policy, Management and Evaluation from the University of Toronto, an M.Sc. in Pharmacology and Therapeutics from McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and a B.A. cum laude from Brandeis University, Boston, US.
For more information, please see Dr. Ungar's profile.
Project Coordinator: Mr. Vercancy Wu
- Research Project Manager in Child Health Evaluative Sciences at The Hospital for Sick Children
Mr. Wu holds a Master’s degree in Economics specialize in health economics and Health Technology Assessment.
Senior Programmer: Mr. Shayanthan Parameswaran
- Senior Programmer/Analyst in Research I.T. at The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute in Toronto
Mr. Parameswaran has been involved in application development for 14 years. He holds a M.Sc. degree from the University of Toronto.
Senior Technical Manager: Asanga Mallikage
- Senior Technical Manager in Research I.T. at The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute in Toronto
Mr. Mallikage has been involved in application development and design for 17 years. He oversees the development of research administration databases and integrations between data sources across SickKids.
Database support: Research IT, The Hospital for Sick Children
Other individuals who have contributed to the PEDE Project include:
Ms. Jennifer Bethell, Ms. Heather Burnett, Ms. Shannon Cope, Ms. Sarah Costa, Ms. Vania Costa, Ms. Sarah Edwards, Ms. Renee Henderson, Dr. Ferne Kraglund, Ms. Seija Kromm, Ms. Magdalena Krstevska, Dr. Amy Lee, Ms. Marlene McConaghie, Dr. Devidas Menon, Ms. Laura Quigley, Ms. Lilla Roy, Ms. Maria Santos, Ms. Mahdie Seyed, Ms. Shahjereen Shahidullah, Ms. Tania Stafinski, Dr. Min Su, Ms. Elizabeth Uleryk, Ms. Dinsie Williams, Dr. Richard Zur, Dr. Pooyeh Graili, Mr. Andrew Mendlowitz, Ms. Cathy Phan, Dr. Tracy Yuen, Ms. Jathishinie Jegathisawaran, Ms. Adeteju Ogunbameru, Ms. Frances Simbulan, Dr. Rafael Neves Miranda, Ms. Kate Tsiplova, Dr. Jacob Smith, Ms. Klesta Hoxha, Mr. Nathan Locke.